Bodek is a brand of insect-free vegetables.
Its methods are:
(1) Using select fields: Bodek uses particular fields in California and New Jersey which are specifically cultivated to prevent infestation.
(2) Checking: Bodek assigns on-site mashgichim to supervise the harvest and discard any batches that are deemed inferior to Bodek’s specific infestation guidelines. In fact, checking is the cornerstone of the Bodek process.
(3) Removing outer leaves: Outer leaves are routinely removed because they are more predisposed to infestation.
(4) Washing: The vegetables are washed in industrial strength agitators to release any insect matter.
(5) Spinning: The produce is then spun at high speed in a centrifuge to force moisture from the vegetables. This maintains shelf-life.