Bok Choy is frequently infested with insects. It must be checked.
How to check bok choy
1. Remove each leaf from the head.
2. Soak the leaves in a solution of vegetable wash and water. Enough vegetable wash should be used to make the solution feel slippery and sudsy. The solution should be in a vessel that is large enough to fit the product to be checked, and to allow an individual to vigorously agitate the product.
3. Agitate the product in the solution.
4. Remove the product from the solution. Direct a stream of water at each leaf, on both sides, and rub the leaves with your fingers during the process.
5. Check both sides of every leaf, using a light box.
If no insects are found, the entire head of bok choy may be used.
If even one insect is found, repeat the entire process.